- Description: Full Time, Exempt
- Department: Sample Collection Product Development
- Report to: Sr. Manager
- Location: San Diego, CA
Biomatrica Inc. is a dynamic Biotechnology Company focused on Biostabilization. We develop technology to prevent degradation at ambient temperature of biological material, including assays, nucleic acids, proteins, bacteria, cells and patient samples. Biomatrica uses a biomimicry approach to develop its core technology, based on extremophile biology. Biomatrica’s award winning technology is changing the world of life sciences and impacts a diverse range of disciplines including basic research, biobanking, forensics, molecular diagnostics and personalized medicine. We know that people are responsible for our success and we value our employees. Our commitment is to create a work environment where feeling valued, respected and empowered is a daily experience.
Biomatrica is seeking highly motivated and self-starting Biologist or Biochemist to work in the Sample Collection Product Development Department. The candidate’s responsibilities will include processing and characterization of biological samples (blood and saliva) for key biomarkers using immunochemical and molecular biological readouts. The candidate should be experienced in immunochemistry, molecular biology, cell culture, experimental design, and assay development. The candidate should have excellent scientific writing and communication skills, have excellent time management skills, be highly organized, and be enthusiastic about working in a dynamic, fast-paced, cross-functional environment. Additionally, the candidate should be a team player, take strong ownership of technical success of his or her activities, and be goal- oriented with a focus on deliverables.
To apply for this position, please follow this link: Biomatrica Research Associate
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Optimize and execute biochemical techniques for the characterization of key biomolecules (nucleic acids and proteins).
• Follow research plans and experimental outlines to write experimental protocols and perform laboratory experiments.
• Present clear project summaries in written and verbal formats to supervisor and other members of the scientific team.
• Exercise discretion and independent judgement to interpret results, analyze data and present findings in a professional and knowledgeable manner.
• Perform scientific trouble-shooting and problem solving.
• Adhere to applicable regulatory guidelines.
• Ability to work overtime as needed.
• Ability to work a normal schedule of Monday through Friday during normal business hours.
• Ability to provide regular and reliable attendance
• Other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds for approximately 10% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work seated for approximately 50% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work standing for approximately 50% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work in front of a computer screen, and/or perform typing for approximately 50% of a typical working day.
- Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective equipment requirements.
- BS in biology, biochemistry, or equivalent.
- Experience with standard molecular biology (DNA/RNA purification, PCR, SDS- PAGE, BioAnalyzer).
- Experience with the culture of mammalian cells.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a proficiency in writing detailed technical documentation.
- Basic statistical knowledge.
- Competent in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong ownership of technical success.
- Ability to execute experimentation independently and effectively communicate the results.
- Strong organizational and time management and the ability to work under stressful conditions and tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, goal-oriented team environment.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- 2+ years post-degree laboratory experience strongly preferred.
- Experience working with blood and/or saliva.
- Familiarity with Quality Management System and GLP/GMP/ISO 13485. regulations a plus.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.