- Description: Full Time, Exempt
- Department: Custom Programs
- Report to: Director of Custom Programs
- Location: San Diego, CA
Biomatrica Inc. is a dynamic Biotechnology Company focused on Biostabilization. We develop technology to prevent degradation at ambient temperature of biological material, including assays, nucleic acids, proteins, bacteria, cells and patient samples. Biomatrica uses a biomimicry approach to develop its core technology, based on extremophile biology. Biomatrica’s award winning technology is changing the world of life sciences and impacts a diverse range of disciplines including basic research, biobanking, forensics, molecular diagnostics and personalized medicine. We know that people are responsible for our success and we value our employees. Our commitment is to create a work environment where feeling valued, respected and empowered is a daily experience.
he Scientist will work on a variety of projects in the area of sample and reagent preservation and integration in diagnostic platforms. They will be designing and conducting complex experiments, as well as independently analyzing data. The Scientist will work closely with the Director of Custom Programs to drive timely completion of projects.
To apply for this position, please follow this link: Biomatrica Scientist
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Design research plans and experiments to achieve technical project specifications.
- Contribute technical knowledge to improve laboratory capabilities in research and development efforts.
- Develop and validate assays.
- Provide effective design, completion and analysis of complex experiments.
- Serve as a technology resource to the laboratory.
- Scientific trouble shooting and hands-on problem solving.
- Handle human & animal blood and body fluids with confidence.
- Simultaneous management of ongoing experiments.
- Analyze and interpret complex data and solve complex problems through thoughtful decision making process.
- Present clear project summaries in written and verbal formats to internal and external scientific and management teams.
- Work with other departments for transfer of projects or knowledge.
- Adhere to applicable regulatory guidelines.
- Manage research efforts for all assigned projects.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to work a normal schedule of Monday through Friday during normal business hours.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds for approximately 10% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work seated for approximately 75% of a typical working day. Ability to work standing for approximately 25% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 25% of a typical working day.
- Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective equipment requirements
- Ability to travel approximately 0-10% of working time .
- Master’s in molecular biology, biochemistry or related field and a minimum of 5 years of laboratory experience; OR
- Ph.D. in molecular biology, biochemistry or related field and minimum of 3 years laboratory experience.
- Previous experience with sample and reagent preservation.
- Extensive experience with enzymatic assays such as PCR and RT-PCR.
- Familiarity with DNA, RNA and protein-based techniques.
- Experience in assay development is essential.
- Strong technical background in molecular biology, genomics or protein biochemistry.
- Ability to perform statistical data analysis.
- A proven track record of grant writing and publication of original work.
- Highly motivated and enjoys a challenging and dynamic work environment.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Fast and self-motivated learner.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel PowerPoint).
- Experience with diagnostic assay development and FDA regulated products.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.