Sr. Customer Service Representative
- Description: Full Time, Exempt
- Location: San Diego, CA
Biomatrica Inc. is a dynamic Biotechnology Company focused on Biostabilization. We develop technology to prevent degradation at ambient temperature of biological material, including assays, nucleic acids, proteins, bacteria, cells and patient samples. Biomatrica uses a biomimicry approach to develop its core technology, based on extremophile biology. Biomatrica’s award winning technology is changing the world of life sciences and impacts a diverse range of disciplines including basic research, biobanking, forensics, molecular diagnostics and personalized medicine. We know that people are responsible for our success and we value our employees. Our commitment is to create a work environment where feeling valued, respected and empowered is a daily experience.
The Senior Customer Service Representative is the primary contact for processing all incoming orders and inquiries via telephone and email. Handles issues to be escalated. Leads communication with customers and distributors as needed to ensure superior customer experience regarding their inquiries and fulfillment of orders. This role plays a critical role in building customer relationships and representing the organization.
To apply for this job, please click this link: Biomatrica Sr. Customer Service Representative
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Respond positively to and expeditiously process all incoming telephone and e-mail inquiries and orders Utilize sales order entry system, price lists, website and sales aids to provide accurate information to customers.
- Create custom quotes where appropriate and set up individual ordering policies and agreements.
- Follow established service quality standards and meet order processing time standards (order accuracy, processing time, etc.).
- Assess often-complex individual customer requirements and direct activities to appropriate departments. Prioritize and monitor workload of colleagues assisting with customer inquiries and issues to ensure prompt resolution.
- Utilize customer feedback handling system to log all incoming order inquiries and complaints and monitor trends.
- Serve as process and systems expert, assisting customers in resolving order related requests and issues (website, online ordering, order fulfillment, vendor qualification, customs and government agencies)
- Adhere to SOPs and participate in developing them for customer inquiries and orders.
- Increase revenue by participating in up-sell and cross-sell activities.
- Provide expertise and guidance to other Customer Service Representatives. May be required to act in a “lead” role.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to work a normal schedule of Monday through Friday during normal business hours.
- Ability to provide regular and reliable attendance.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures
- Other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds for approximately 10% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work seated for approximately 80% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work standing for approximately 20% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work in front of a computer screen, use the telephone and/or perform typing for approximately 75% of a typical working day.
- Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective equipment requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, scientific discipline, or related field; or 4 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- 3+ years of related customer service experience, including with international customers and/or distributors.
- Demonstrated skills at communicating effectively with end users, Purchasing, and others in customer and distributor organizations as needed from inquiry through to delivery, and in engaging colleagues across functions such as Sales, Production, and Shipping to address customer inquiries, fulfill orders, and address customer satisfaction issues.
- Demonstrated ability to learn company systems and processes and to recommend improvements.
- Proficiency in personal computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and some experience working with customer service management programs such as Salesforce & QuickBooks.
- Ability to understand scientific concepts and the applications of the company’s products at the basic level needed to understand questions and direct them to the appropriate colleagues.
- Must have the ability to identify and solve problems and to multi-task under deadline.
- Strong and clear communication skills are essential, including with customers and distributors for whom English is a second language. Must be able to provide clear responses in writing and by phone.
- Proven success in handling difficult customer situations with professionalism, dignity and tact.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.